Monday, December 17, 2007

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

After an emotionally draining win yesterday against Pussihukat in Helsinki, Charlee, Liz and I bid farewell to our team for the holidays. We stayed at a hotel near the airport, eager to catch our flights home the next morning.One of the American players from the men's Pussihukat team came over to our hotel and hung out with us for the night. He was cool and all the 4 of us could talk about was going home to see friends and family for Christmas! My flight was scheduled to leave at 6am the next morning and I had to be at the airport by 4am - needless to say, sleep was out of the question. I was definitely hating life the next day...
With a 2 hour flight to Amsterdam behind me, I found myself now facing an 8 hour layover before my connecting flight to Vancouver. Yuck! Luckily my friend Jesse was able to get off work early and meet me downtown at Amsterdam Central Station. I jumped in his car and we were off to Purmerend, located 20 minutes outside of the City Center surrounded by famous Dutch Windmills and colorful houses. Walking around the town was very cool, I almost felt like I was on an Old Dutch chip bag! After exploring the little town some more and checking out the cheese factory, Jesse treated me to a 4 course Dutch lunch at a nearby restaurant. The food was superb and the atmosphere was great. Jesse's a stud!

Bidding farewell was tough, but the idea of jumping on a plane for 9 hours didn't seem so bad, as I was thisclose to HOME! I've arrived safe and sound in Vancouver and just want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your families. I'll be back with a new post in January 2008!

Love Breanne

No comments: